Department: R&D Technology
The Embedded Software Developer III works with a team of Embedded Software Developers and Electronic Engineers to implement various software components including libraries, drivers, and firmware and serves as a mentor to lower-level developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implements and maintains software and firmware;
- Resolves difficult software issues;
- Provides assistance to the software team to fix complex issues;
- Reviews tasks and provides estimated time for completion;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Electronics or related area or relevant experience in lieu;
- 7 years or more of experience in embedded software development;
- Knowledge of C, C++, bash programming languages;
- Thorough understanding of Unity and able to resolve complex issues;
- Demonstrated ability to embed a Linux build using Buildroot or Yocto;
- Understanding of the software requirements of various gaming jurisdictions;
- Knowledge of the Visual Studio development environment;
- Ability to use SVN and GIT version control tools;
- Able to read and understand electronic schematics;
- Analytical mindset with the ability to locate root causes;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Well organized, strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
- Ability to travel to Drummondville office, Montreal and the United States.