- We Are the New School
- Clarity and Transparency
- Find It, Fix It, Own It
- Standard Operating Success
- Easiest Company to do Business With
- It’s A Team Sport
- Celebrate Wins, But Never Be Satisfied
The Mathematician I supports a team of developers and artists producing video casino games by creating fresh game content and iterating on current gameplay formulas, to deliver high quality, captivating and performing games.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the supervision of the manager, develops varying math models for different markets, including the creation of Class 2 math models using in-house tools;
- Reviews outcomes for all game specific metrics and makes all necessary adjustments;
- Reviews all math models through game play as they are implemented to ensure they reflect the correct math model. Makes any adjustment as needed to create world class math models;
- Under the supervision of the manager, provides documentation for certification labs and casinos;
- Under the supervision of the manager, validates outcomes in the field or investigates unusual player sessions as requested;
- Other projects and duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma (DEC) or bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics or relevant experience in lieu;
- Familiar with and can apply Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in game development preferred;
- Proficiency with C#, C++ or similar languages used to create math validation tools;
- Good ability to work with Excel spreadsheets;
- Ability to communicate in French and English;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
- Ability to travel to Drummondville office, Montreal and the United States.