Department: Casino Support Infrastructure
Reporting to the Casino support infrastructure manager, the Network administrator III is responsible for the administration and configuration of infrastructure test servers relating to casino support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, configure and maintain networks and computer systems in operation in a closed test environment including servers, switches, routers, NAS (Network Access Service);
- Reproduce casino environments in a test environment in collaboration with his or her immediate supervisor;
- Prepare the necessary equipment for any new casino or laboratory in collaboration with his or her immediate supervisor;
- Maintain hardware (e.g. servers, switches and NAS) and repair or replace parts when necessary;
- Perform server backup configuration and log reports on the NAS;
- Prepare virtual machines with Hyper-V and perform backup configuration with Veeam;
- Perform necessary server updates (NOD32 antivirus, ipMonitor, pfSense, SecureLink, etc.);
- Verify SQL database reports;
- Write scripts to update CD02 version 7 (for server 2022);
- Communicate network problems to his or her immediate supervisor in a timely manner;
- Identify and resolve software or hardware configuration issues;
- Monitor computer systems to improve network performance and make recommendations for improvements and modifications as appropriate;
- Participate in the management of network security programs;
- Participate in the creation and documentation of processes as needed;
- Ensure required continuing training courses are taken and completed in a timely manner;
- Follow up on any other project or task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in a relevant field (e.g. network management) or relevant experience;
- 3 years of experience as a network administrator, preferably in a technology company (asset);
- Demonstrated knowledge or good understanding of the following software: HPE Products, generations 7 to 10 (11 to come), HPE Intelligent Provisioning, Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2022, NAS Synology, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Veeam, Switch, DHCP, DNS & VPN, Script, Python, PowerShell, CMD (Batch File), SQL database, Visio, Word, Adobe;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently;
- Ability to communicate in English (asset).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
- Ability to travel to Drummondville office and the United States.