- We Are the New School
- Clarity and Transparency
- Find It, Fix It, Own It
- Standard Operating Success
- Easiest Company to do Business With
- It’s A Team Sport
- Celebrate Wins, But Never Be Satisfied
In collaboration with several teams, the Motion Designer II creates a wide variety of animations based on Logos, 2D/3D characters, promotional videos, and special effects to which he or she is assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Under supervision, creates special effects using After Effects software;
- Under supervision, creates certain elements in 2D or 3D;
- Under supervision, exports static graphics and animations to the programming and sound departments;
- Has good appreciation of Design and Game mechanics;
- Evaluates timeframe for each task of the project;
- Creates quality animations;
- Participates in brainstorming meetings and follows up on projects from start to finish;
- Works in collaboration with the studio, the other Game Artists, and the Director.
- Works with repository structure;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma (DEC) or University degree in Graphic Animation or equivalent or relevant experience in lieu;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in motion design, preferably in the gaming industry;
- Demonstrated knowledge of After Effects software;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop software;
- Knowledge of 3DS Max, preferred;
- Knowledge of Unity, preferred;
- Basic knowledge of the gaming industry;
- Good time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Ability to communicate in French and English;
- Able to work independently and within a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
Ability to travel to Drummondville office, Montreal and the United States.