The Mathematician II supports a team of developers and artists producing video casino games by creating fresh game content and iterating on current gameplay formulas, to deliver high quality, captivating and performing games.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate game design to ensure all points (features, frequencies, etc.) are cohesive with an exciting math model given system, mathematical and jurisdictional restraints.
- Follow rules from the game design to produce the mathematical calculations for features.
- Develop in-house simulations and theoretical calculations.
- Perform validation calculations through an in-house simulator.
- Under minimal supervision, develop varying math models for different markets, including creating Class 2 math models using in-house tools. Review outcomes for all game specific metrics and make all necessary adjustments.
- Review all math models through game play as they are implemented to ensure they reflect the correct math model. Make any adjustments as needed to create world class math models.
- Prepare documentation to include math models in game software.
- Under minimal supervision, provide documentation for certification labs and casinos.
- Under minimal supervision, validate outcomes in the field or investigate unusual player sessions as requested.
- Participate in the game design for basic games.
- Develop tools to support new game mechanics including Office extensions and/or WPF applications.
- Trouble shoot and identify simple technical issues/challenges and develop potential solutions.
- Share knowledge with, and mentor, other team members.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma (DEC) or Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics or relevant experience in lieu.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics.
- 3- 5 years’ experience with game development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C#, WPF and .Net Core/.Net.
- Intermediate Excel skills, able to adapt large and complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate in French and English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to Drummondville office, Montreal and attend trade shows as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.